establishment and the day so specified shall not be altered by the occupier more than once in three months.
Notice to Inspector. 9. (1) Every occupier in relation to an establishment in which a child was employed or permitted to work immediately before the date of commencement of this Act in relation to such establishment shall, within a period of thirty days from such commencement, send to the Inspector within whose local limits the establishment is situated, a written notice containing the following particulars, namely:
- (a) the name and situation of the establishment;
- (b) the name of the person in actual management of the establishment;
- (c) the address to which communications relating to the establishment should be sent; and
- (d) the nature of the occupation or process carried on in the establishment.
(2) Every occupier, in relation to an establishment, who employs, or permits to work, any child after the date of commencement of this Act in relation to such establishment, shall, within a period of thirty days from the date of such employment, send to the Inspector within whose local limits the establishment is situated, a written notice containing the particulars as are mentioned in sub-section (1).
Explanation.-For the purposes of sub-sections (1) and (2), "date of commencement of this Act, in relation to an establishment" means the date of bringing into force of this Act in relation to such establishment.
(3) Nothing in sections 7, 8 and 9 shall apply to any establishment wherein any process is carried on by the occupier with the aid of his family or to any school established by, or receiving assistance or recognition from, Government.
Disputes as to age. 10. If any question arises between an Inspector and an occupier as to the age of any child who is employed or is permitted to work by him in an establishment, the question shall, in the absence of a certificate as to the age of such child granted by the prescribed medical authority, be referred by the Inspector for decision to the prescribed medical authority.
Maintenance of register. 11. There shall be maintained by every occupier in respect of children employed or permitted to work in any establishment, a register to be available for inspection by an Inspector at all times during working hours or when work is being carried on in any such establishment, showing:
- (a) the name and date of birth of every child so employed or permitted to work;
- (b) hours intervals of rest to which he is entitled; and periods of work of any such child and the
- (c) the nature of work of any such child; and
- (d) such other particulars as may be prescribed.
Display of notice, containing abstract of sections 3 and 1412. Every railway administration, every port authority and every occupier shall cause to be displayed in a conspicuous and accessible place