priority dates of claims of the complete specification, on the date on which the corresponding document was or was deemed to have been filed by the earlier applicant, but for all other purposes the application of the opponent shall be proceeded with as an application for a patent under this Act.
27. Refusal of Patent without opposition.
If at any time after the acceptance of the complete specification filed in pursuance of an application for a patent and before the grant of a patent thereon it comes to the notice of the Controller otherwise than in consequence of proceedings in opposition to the grant under section 25, that the invention, so far as claimed in any claim of the complete specification, has been published before the priority date of the claim-
- a. in any specification filed in pursuance of an application for a patent made in India and dated on or after the 1st day of January, 1912;
- b. in any other document in India or elsewhere,
the Controller may refuse to grant the patent unless, within such time as may be prescribed, the complete specification is amended to his satisfaction:
Provided that the Controller shall not refuse to grant the patent on the ground specified in clause (b) if such publication does not constitute an anticipation of the invention by virtue of sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) of section 29.
28. Mention of inventor has such in Patent.
(1) If the Controller is satisfied, upon a request or claim made in accordance with the provisions of this section,-
- a. that the person in respect of or by whom the request or claim is made is the inventor of an invention in respect of which application for a patent has been made, or of a substantial part of that invention; and
- b. that the application for the patent is a direct consequence of his being the inventor,
the Controller shall, subject to the provisions of this section, cause him to be mentioned as inventor in any patent granted in pursuance of the application in the complete specification and in the register of patents:
Provided that the mention of any person as inventor under this section shall not confer or derogate from any rights under the patent.
(2) A request that any person shall be mentioned as aforesaid may be made in the prescribed manner by the applicant for the patent or (where the person alleged to be the inventor is not the applicant or one of the applicants) by the applicant and that person.
(3) If any person [other than a person in respect of whom a request in relation to the application in question has been made under sub-section (2)] desires to be mentioned as aforesaid, he may make a claim in the prescribed manner in that behalf.
(4) A request or claim under the foregoing provisions of this section shall be made not later than two months after the date of advertisement of acceptance of the complete specification or within such further period (not exceeding one month) as the Controller may, on an application made to him in that behalf before the expiration of the said period of two months and subject to the payment of the prescribed fee, allow.
(5) No request or claim under the foregoing provisions of this section shall be entertained if it appears to the Controller that the request or claim is based upon facts which, if proved in the case of an opposition under the provisions of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 25 by the person in respect of or by whom the request or claim is made, would have entitled him to relief under that section.