advantage from their patent rights.
(2) The provisions of sections 92, 93, 94 and 95 shall apply in relation to the grant of licences under this section as they apply in relation to the grant of licences under section 84.
98. Order for licence to operate as a deed between parties concerned
Any order for the grant of a licence under this Chapter shall operate as if it were a deed granting a licence executed by the patentee and all other necessary parties embodying the terms and conditions, if any, settled by the Controller.
USE OF INVENTIONS FOR PURPOSES OF GOVERNMENT
AND ACQUISITION OF INVENTIONS BY
99. Meaning of use of inventions for purposes of Government
(1) For the purposes of this Chapter, an invention is said to be used for the purposes of Government if it is made, used, exercised or vended for the purposes of the Central Government, a State Government or a Government undertaking.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1), -
- a. the importation, by or on behalf of the Government, of any invention being a machine, apparatus or other article covered by a patent granted before the commencement of this Act, for the purpose merely of its own use; and
- b. the importation, by or on behalf of the Government, of any invention being a medicine or drug covered by a patent granted before the commencement of this Act
(i) for the purpose merely of its own use; or
(ii) for the purpose of distribution in any dispensary, hospital or other medical institution maintained by or on behalf of the Government or in any other dispensary, hospital or other medical institution which the Central Government may, having regard to the public service which such other dispensary, hospital or medical institution renders, specify in this behalf by notification in the Official Gazette,
shall also be deemed, for the purposes of this Chapter, to be use of such invention for the purposes of Government.
(3) Nothing contained in this Chapter shall apply in respect of any such importation making or using of any machine, apparatus or other article or of any such using of any process or of any such importation, using or distribution of any medicine or drug, as may be made by virtue of one or more of the conditions specified in section 47.
100. Power of Central Government to use inventions for purposes of Government
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, at any time after an application for a patent has been filed at the patent office or a patent has been granted, the Central Government and any person authorised in writing by it, may use the invention for the purposes of Government in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.