the satisfaction of the Controller, along with the application or within three months thereafter, or within such further period as the Controller may on good cause allow.
(2) If any such specification or other document is in a foreign language, a translation into English of the specification or document, verified by affidavit or otherwise to the satisfaction of the Controller, shall be annexed to the specification or document.
(3) For the purposes of this Act, the date on which an application was made in a convention country is such date as the Controller is satisfied, by certificate of the official chief or head of the patent office of the convention country or otherwise, in the date on which the application was made in that convention country.
139. Other provisions of Act to apply to convention applications
Save as otherwise provided in this Chapter, all the provisions of this Act shall apply in relation to a convention application and a patent granted in pursuance thereof as they apply in relation to an ordinary application and a patent granted in pursuance thereof.
140. Avoidance of certain restrictive conditions
(1) It shall not be lawful to insert –
(i) in any contract for or in relation to the sale or lease of a patented article or an article made by a patented process; or
(ii) in a licence to manufacture or use a patented article; or
(iii) in a licence to work any process protected by a patent, a condition the effect of which may be -
- a. to require the purchaser, lessee, or licensee to acquire from the vendor, lessor, or licensor, or his nominees, or to prohibit from acquiring or to restrict in any manner or to any extent his right to acquire from any person or to prohibit him from acquiring except from the vendor, lessor, or licensor or his nominees, any article other than the patented article or an article other than that made by the patented process; or
- b. to prohibit the purchaser, lessee or licensee from using, or to restrict in any manner or to any extent the right of the purchaser, lessee or licensee, to use an article other than the patented article or an article other than that made by the patented process, which is not supplied by the vendor, lessor or licensor or his nominee; or
- c. to prohibit the purchaser, lessee or licensee from using or to restrict in any manner or to any extent the right of the purchaser, lessee or licensee to use any process other than the patented process,
and any such condition shall be void.
(2) A condition of the nature referred to in clause (a) or clause (b) or clause (c) of sub-section (1) shall not cease to be a condition falling within that sub-section merely by reason of the fact that the agreement containing it has been entered into separately, whether before or after the contract relating to the sale, lease or licence of the patented article or process.
(3) In proceedings against any person for the infringement of a patent, it shall be a defence