149. Service of notions, etc., by post
Any notice required or authorised to be given by or under this Act and any application or other document so authorised or required to be made or filed, may be given, made or filed by post.
150. Security for costs
If any party by whom notice of any opposition is given under this Act or by whom application is made to the Controller for the grant of a licence under a patent neither resides nor carries on business in India,the Controller may require him to give security for the costs of the proceedings, and in default of such security being given may treat the opposition or application as abandoned.
151. Transmission of orders of courts to Controller
(1) Every order of the High Court on a petition for revocation, including orders granting certificates of validity of any claim, shall be transmitted by the High Court to the Controller who shall cause an entry thereof and reference thereto to be made in the register.
(2) Where in any suit for infringement of a patent or in any suit under section 106 the validity of any claim or a specification is contested and that claim is found by the court to be valid or not valid, as the case may be, the court shall transmit a copy of its judgement and decree to the Controller who shall on receipt thereof cause an entry in relation to such proceeding to be made in the prescribed manner in a supplemental record.
(3) The provisions of sub-sections (1) and (2) shall also apply to the court to which appeals are preferred against decisions of the courts referred to in those sub-sections.
152. Transmission of copies of specification, etc., and inspection thereof
Copies of all such specifications, drawings and amendments left at the patent office as become open to public inspection under the provisions of this Act, shall be transmitted, as soon as may be, after the printed copies thereof are available, to such authorities as the Central Government may appoint in this behalf, and shall be open to the inspection of any person at all reasonable times at places to be specified by those authorities and with the approval of the Central Government.
153. Information relating to patents
A person making a request to the Controller in the prescribed manner for information relating to any such matters as may be prescribed as respects any patent specified in the request or as respects any application for a patent so specified shall be entitled, subject to the payment of the prescribed fee, to have information supplied to him accordingly.
154. Loss or destruction of patents
If a patent is lost or destroyed, or its non-production is accounted for to the satisfaction of the Controller, the Controller may at any time, on application made in the prescribed manner and on payment of the prescribed fee, cause a duplicate thereof to be sealed and delivered to the applicant.
155. Reports of Controller to be placed before Parliament
The Central Government shall cause to be placed before both Houses of Parliament once a year a report respecting the execution of this Act by or under the Controller.
156. Patent to bind Government
Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, a patent shall have to all intents the like effect as against Government as it has against any person.