application, unless the specification is amended by the insertion of such disclaimer in respect of that use of the invention, or such other reference to the illegality thereof, as the Controller thinks fit.
16. Power of Controller to make orders respecting division of application
(1) A person who has made an application for a patent under this Act may, at any time before the acceptance of the complete specification, if he so desires, or with a view to remedy the objection raised by the Controller on the ground that the claims of the complete specification relate to more than one invention, file a further application in respect of an invention disclosed in the provisional or complete specification already filed in respect of the first mentioned application.
(2) The further application under sub-section (1) shall be accompanied by a complete specification, but such complete specification shall not include any matter not in substance disclosed in the complete specification filed in pursuance of the first mentioned application.
(3) The Controller may require such amendment of the complete specification filed in pursuance of either the original or the further application as may be necessary to ensure that neither of the said complete specifications includes a claim for any matter claimed in the other.
Explanation – For the purposes of this Act, the further application and the complete specification accompanying it shall be deemed to have been filed on the date on which the complete specification in pursuance of the first mentioned application had been filed, and the further application shall, subject to the determination of the priority date under subsection (4) of section 11, be proceeded with as a substantive application.
17. Power of Controller to make order respecting dating of application
(1) Subject to the provisions of section 9, at any time after the filing of an application and before acceptance of the complete specification under this Act, the Controller may, at the request of the applicant made in the prescribed manner, direct that the application shall be post-dated to such date as may be specified in the request, and proceed with the application accordingly :
Provided that no application shall be post-dated under this sub-section to a date later than six months from the date on which it was actually made or would, but for the provisions of this sub-section, be deemed to have been made.
(2) Where an application or specification (including drawings) is required to be amended under clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 15, the application or specification shall, if the Controller so directs, be deemed to have been made on the date on which the requirement is complied with or where the application or specification is returned to the applicant, on the date on which it is re-filed after complying with the requirement.
18. Power of Controller in cases of anticipation
(1) Where it appears to the Controller that the invention so far as claimed in any claim of the complete specification has been anticipated in the manner referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) of section 13, he may refuse to accept the complete specification unless the applicant-
- a. shows to the satisfaction of the Controller that the priority date of the claim of his complete specification is not later than the date on which the relevant document was published; or
- b. amends his complete specification to the satisfaction of the Controller.