"National Anthem" means the national anthem of Singapore, the music score for the official arrangement and the official lyrics of which are set out in the Third Schedule;
"perform", in relation to the National Anthem, includes playing a recording of the National Anthem.
USE AND DISPLAY OF ARMS
Restricted use of Arms
3.—(1) Subject to paragraph (3), no person shall, without the prior written permission of the Minister or any authorised officer—
- (a) print, publish, manufacture, sell, offer for sale or exhibit for sale;
- (b) cause to be printed, published, manufactured, sold, offered for sale or exhibited for sale;
- (c) send, distribute or deliver to, or serve on, any other person; or
- (d) cause to be sent, distributed or delivered to, or served on, any other person,
any writing, material or object in or on which appears the Arms or any token, insignia, emblem or other thing that so nearly resembles the Arms as to be capable of being mistaken for the Arms.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), no person shall, without the prior written permission of the Minister or any authorised officer, use or apply the Arms on any writing, material or object.
(3) This rule shall not prohibit—
- (a) the display of the Arms by any Government department on or within the premises of any building owned by the Government or occupied by one or more Government departments; or
- (b) the use or application of the Arms on any writing, material or object produced or commissioned by any Government department, or any public officer, for the purposes of the Government.