Deficit Reduction Act of 2005
(Redirected from Public Law 109-171)Jump to navigation Jump to search
109TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 (H. Con. Res. 95).
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the ``Deficit Reduction Act of 2005´´.
SEC. 2. TABLE OF TITLES.
- The table of titles is as follows:
- TITLE I—AGRICULTURE PROVISIONS
- TITLE II—HOUSING AND DEPOSIT INSURANCE PROVISIONS
- TITLE III—DIGITAL TELEVISION TRANSITION AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- TITLE IV—TRANSPORTATION PROVISIONS
- TITLE V—MEDICARE
- TITLE VI—MEDICAID AND SCHIP
- TITLE VII—HUMAN RESOURCES AND OTHER PROVISIONS
- TITLE VIII—EDUCATION AND PENSION BENEFIT PROVISIONS
- TITLE IX—LIHEAP PROVISIONS
- TITLE X—JUDICIARY RELATED PROVISIONS
Approved February 8, 2006.
- S. 1932, (H.R. 4241)
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- No. 109-276 accompanying H.R. 4241 (Comm. on the Budget)
- No. 109-362 (Comm. of Conference).
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 151 (2005):
- Oct. 31, Nov. 1-3, considered and passed Senate.
- Nov. 17, considered and passed House, amended, in lieu of H.R. 4241.
- Dec. 18, House agreed to conference report.
- Dec. 19-21, Senate considered and disagreed to conference report.
- Dec. 19-21, Senate concurred in House amendment with an amendment.
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 152 (2006):
- Feb. 1, House concurred in Senate amendment pursuant to H. Res. 653.
- WEEKLY COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS, Vol. 42 (2006):
- Feb. 8, Presidential statement and remarks.