SUPREME COMMANDER FOR THE ALLIED POWERS
18 November 1945
AG 360 (18 Nov 45)BSS-E
|MEMORANDOM FOR||:||IMPERIAL JAPANESE GOVERNMENT|
|THROUGH||:||Central Liaison Office, Tokyo.|
|SUBJECT||:||Commercial and Civil Aviation.|
1. You will abolish by 31 December 1945 all governmental and semi-governmental bodies concerned with commercial or other civil aviation in any of its aspects except those activities specifically authorized for operation under the direction of the Supreme Commander.
2. You will take necessary measures by 31 December 1945 to effect the dissolution of all companies, partnerships, or associations of any kind which have been engaged in any way with relation to commercial air transport or other civilian air operations, or in pilot or other training related to aircraft design, construction, maintenance or operation.
3. You will submit to this headquarters not later than 15 December 1945 a register of offices, principal operating pilots and instructors of the organizations affected by the above dissolution.
4. On and after 31 December 1945 you will not permit any governmental agency or individual, or any business concern, association, individual Japanese citizen or group of citizens, to purchase, own, possess, or operate any aircraft, aircraft assembly, engine, or research, experimental, maintenance or production facility related to aircraft or aeronautical science including working models.
5. You will not permit the teaching of, or research or experiments in aeronautical science, aerodynamics, or other subjects related to aircraft or balloons.
6. Acknowledgment of receipt of this memorandum is directed.
A personal signature appears here
H. W. ALLEN,
Asst Adjutant General.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).