SUPREME COMMANDER FOR THE ALLIED POWERS
AG 684 (6 Jul 51) GC-TNG 6 July 1951
|MEMORANDUM FOR:||JAPANESE GOVERNMENT|
|SUBJECT:||Liancourt Rocks (Take-Shima) Bombing Range|
1. Rescission: Memorandum, GHQ SCAP, AG 684 (16 Sep 47) GC-TNG, SCAPIN 1778, subject: Liancourt Rocks Bombing Range, 16 September 1947.
2. The islands of Liancourt Rocks (Take-Shima) located 37°15’ North, 131°52’ East are designated as a bombing range.
3. The danger areas of this range are as described:
- a. Surface Danger Area – The area within a five mile radius of Liancourt Rocks 37°15’N - 131°52’E.
- b. Air Space Danger Area – The airspace within a five mile radius of Liancourt Rocks 37°15’N - 131°52’E extending to an altitude of 30,000 feet.
4. The inhabitants of Oki-Retto (Oki-Gunto) and the inhabitants of all the ports on the west coast of the island of Honshu north to the 40th parallel, north latitude, will be notified fifteen days prior to use of this Range. When the Range is used for periods in excess of fifteen days, warning reminders will be disseminated to the inhabitants indicated above every fifteen days. This information will be forwarded through the Government Section, General Headquarters, Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers to the Japanese Government for dissemination to the local civil authorities in the areas concerned.
- FOR THE SUPREME COMMANDER: