Statute Law Revision Act 1927
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1. Enactments in schedule repealed.
- 2. Application of repealed enactments in local courts.
- 3. Omission of matters solely relating to the Irish Free State.
- 4. Short title and extent.
17 & 18 George V, c. 42 (U.K.)
An Act for the further promoting the Revision of the Statute Law by repealing Enactments which have ceased to be in force or have become unnecessary
[Assented to 22nd December, 1927.]
Whereas it is expedient that certain enactments which may be regarded as spent, or have ceased to be in force otherwise than by express specific repeal by Parliament, or have, by lapse of time or otherwise, become unnecessary, should be expressly and specifically repealed: Be it therefore enacted by the King's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this Present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1. The enactments described in Parts I and II of the schedule to this Act are hereby repealed, subject to the provisions of this Act and subject to the exceptions and qualifications in the said schedule mentioned; and every part of a title, preamble, or recital specified after the words "in part, namely," in connexion with an Act mentioned in the said schedule may be omitted from any revised edition of the statutes published by authority after the passing of this Act, and there may be added in the said edition such brief statement of the Acts, officers, persons, and thins mentioned in the title, preamble, or recital, as may in consequence of such omission appear necessary:
. . .
2. If and so far as any enactment repealed by this Act applies or may have been by Order in Coucil applied to the court of the county palatine of Lancaster or to any inferior court of civil jurisdiction, such enactment shall be construed as if it were contained in a local and personal Act specially relating to such court and shall have effect accordingly.
3. Enactments or words in respect of matters exclusively relating to the portion of Ireland within the jurisdiction of the Irish Free State or to any part thereof may be omitted from any revised edition of the statutes published by authority.
4.(1) This Act may be cited as the Statute Law Revision Act, 1927.
(2) In its application to Northern Ireland this Act shall, as respects matters within the powers of the Parliament of Northern Ireland, be subject to alteration by that Parliament as if it had been an Act passed before the appointed day within the meaning of the Government of Ireland Act, 1920.
|Reign and Chapter||Short Title|
|5 & 6 Geo. 5.: c. 45.||Constitution Act, 1915.
|6 & 7 Geo. 5.: c. 19.||The British North America Act, 1916.|
- Marginal citation: 10 & 11 Geo. 5. c. 67.