Imperial Guards Division Strategic Order No. 584
(Redirected from Strategic Order No. 584)
August 15, ____ [note 1], Imperial Guards Division Order.
- 1. The Division will smash the strategy of the enemy and uphold the Emperor to safeguard our country.
- 2. The commander of Infantry I will occupy the Palace and safeguard same. A company of soldiers will occupy the Tokyo Broadcasting station and block its broadcasting.
- 3. The commander of Infantry II will occupy the outer area of the Palace and block outside intrusion.
- 4. The commander of Infantry VI will remain at present duty.
- 5. The commander of Infantry VII will occupy the Nijubashi Gate and block any entrance into the Palace.
- 6. The commanders of GK and TK will move forward to Daikan Street and remain there.
- 7. The commander of Artillery I will remain at the present post.
- 8. The commander of Engineering I will remain at the present post.
- 9. The commander of Signal Unit will cut off all communication to the Palace except the line to the Palace from the Division.
- 10. The commander of the Mechanized Battalion will guard the Palace with full strength.
- 11. The Division Commander will be at the Division Headquarters.
- there was a blank, for the time to be inserted (Wikisource contributor note)