|Information about this edition|
|Level of progress:||Complete|
|Notes:||*Subtitled The Sources of the Susquehanna.|
There are numerous copies of The Pioneers on the web. As they seem to have the same scanning errors, I'm assuming that most are from the Project Gutenberg text:
A version with jpegs of the original 1823 edition book pages is
- http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/eafbin2/toccer-eaf?id=eaf054v1&data=/texts/eaf&tag=public (Vol. 1, TOC)
- http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/eafbin2/toccer-eaf?id=eaf054v2&data=/texts/eaf&tag=public (Vol. 2, TOC)
- http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/eafbin2/browse-eafall?id=eaf054v1&data=/texts/eaf&tag=public (Volume 1, Ch. 1-19)
- http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/eafbin2/browse-eafall?id=eaf054v2&data=/texts/eaf&tag=public (Volume 2, Ch. 1-22)
- There is apparently-OCR'd text accompanying the images, but it is at least as faulty as the Gutenberg text and claims to be copyrighted. This first edition does appear to be somewhat different than the Gutenberg text. The latter seems to have a lot of minor deletions and changes of wording that must have been done for editorial purposes.
Various other sites which have the text of The Pioneers (apparently from the 1832 edition) are:
- Making of America: 1870 Hurd & Houghton edition (images)
- Making of America: 1870 Hurd & Houghton edition (text)
James Fenimore Cooper, The Pioneers, Ch.1, Ch.2, Ch.3, Ch.4, Ch.5, Ch.6, Ch.7, Ch.8, Ch.9, Ch.10, Ch.11, Ch.12, Ch.13, Ch.14, Ch.15, Ch.16, Ch.17, Ch.18, Ch.19, Ch.20, Ch.21, Ch.22, Ch.23, Ch.24, Ch.25, Ch.26, Ch.27, Ch.28, Ch.29, Ch.30, Ch.31, Ch.32, Ch.33, Ch.34, Ch.35, Ch.36, Ch.37, Ch.38, Ch.39, Ch.40, Ch.41, Characters.