Talk:The Tragedy of Macbeth
What license is this available under? Superm401 22:46, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Shakespeare's works are in the public domain. No licence is needed. Eclecticology 23:24, 2 Feb 2005 (UTC)
According to the Folger Shakespeare Library edition (c) 1992, Act 4 Scene 2 Line 93 should read "Thou liest, thou shag-eared villain!"
Currently, in the wikisource version here, it says "shag-haar'd" instead of "shag-eared". Does anyone know which is correct?
- That's funny. In my Oxford University Press 2004 reprint it says "shag-hair'd". Could it be that "haar'd" is a typo? Doesn't matter though, as it still won't solve the issue. Genesis 12:44, 8 September 2005 (UTC)
- There's another possibility it could be "shag-hair'd"; Shakespeare has been known to put subtle sexual innuendo into his work. --22.214.171.124 21:23, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- A search of google (shag-haar'd macbeth -wikisource) gives only 11 results. "shag-hair'd" or "shag-haired" gives much more. I don't know if it's haired or eared, but I don't think it's "haar'd" --Dandin1 19:43, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
I corrected the issue with Scene VIII/XI being the same scene, but either way, Sparknotes is wrong. The full text in Project Gutenberg indicates nine scenes. 126.96.36.199 19:05, 14 February 2006 (UTC)
- In my Penguin edition (1995) Acts 6-8 are all in scence 6, there's no more scenes after that. Any reason for that? --188.8.131.52 22:21, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
Is Act III, Scene V apocryphal?
Last year my high school English teacher told me he (and a number of unnamed other experts) didn't think Shakespeare had written Act III, Scene V, partly because it was in verse other than iambic pentameter. Can we get more reputable sources on this, and should it be noted as apocryphal? Seahen 20:26, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
Plays on the internet
Is it legal to put full plays on the internet??
- It is if they are not copyrighted.--BirgitteSB 15:22, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
Macbeth demands dollars from norweigian king; did they really have dollars? Thats really weird... --184.108.40.206 14:20, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
The edition that was used as the source for this play should be cited, in order that any disputes such as those above may be more easily resolved. Webbbbbbber 23:03, 18 May 2008 (UTC)