The Encyclopedia Americana (1920)/Bridgeport (Pa.)
BRIDGEPORT, Pa., borough of Montgomery County, 17 miles north of Philadelphia, on the Schuylkill River, and on the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad. It is a port of call on the Schuylkill Navigation Company's line. Valley Forge, prominent in the Revolutionary campaign, is six miles distant from Bridgeport. Its industrial establishments comprise cotton, flour, paper and woolen mills, brick works and steel works. Pop. 3,860.