The New International Encyclopædia/Pennsylvania-German Society, The
PENNSYLVANIA-GERMAN SOCIETY, The. An association organized in Lancaster, Pa., April 15, 1891, to collect, preserve, and publish documents relating to the history of the Pennsylvania Germans, and cause original papers to be prepared and read before the society. Its regular members, who now number about 400, must be direct descendants of the early German or Swiss emigrants to the colony of Pennsylvania. The society holds an annual meeting in some one of the smaller cities of eastern Pennsylvania, and publishes annually a volume of Proceedings, including the papers read at each meeting.