1. LET thy Bay Horses, yoked, O mighty Indra, bring thy car hither fraught with every blessing.
For thee, the Heavenly, e'en the poor invoketh: may we this day, thy feast-companions, prosper.
2. Forth to the vat the brown drops flow for service, and purified proceed directly forward.
May Indra drink of this, our guest aforetime, Celestial King of the strong draught of Soma.
3. Bringing us hitherward all-potent Indra on well-wheeled chariot, may the Steeds who bear him
Convey him on the road direct to glory, and ne'er may Vayu's Amrta cease and fail him.
4. Supreme, he stirs this man to give the guerdon,-Indra, most efficacious of the princes,-
Wherewith, O Thunderer, thou removest sorrow, and, Bold One! partest wealth among the nobles.
5. Indra is hewho gives enduring vigour: may our songs magnify the God Most Mighty.
Best Vrtra-slayer be the Hero Indra these things he gives as Prince, with strong endeavour.