1. ON flows the potent juice, sustainer of the heavens, the strength of Gods, whom men must hail with shouts of joy.
The Gold-hued, started like a courser by brave men, impetuously winneth splendour in the streams.
2. He takes his weapons, like a hero, in his hands, fain to win light, car-borne, in forays for the kine.
Indu, while stimulating India's might, is urged forward and balmed by sages skilful in their task.
3. Soma, as thou art purified with flowing wave, exhibiting thy strength enter thou Indra's throat.
Make both worlds stream for us, as lightning doth the clouds: mete out exhaustless powers for us, as 'twere through song.
4. Onward he flows, the King of all that sees the light: the Rsis' Lord hath raised the song of sacrifice;
Even he who is adorned with Surya's arrowy beam, Father of hymns, whose wisdom is beyond our reach.
5. Like as a bull to herds, thou flowest to the pail, bellowing as a steer upon the water's lap.
So, best of Cheerers, thou for Indra flowest on that we, with thy protection, may o'ercome in fight.