The Temple of the Ten
THE TEMPLE OF THE TEN
By H.Bedford-Jones and W.C.Robertson
Author of “The Messenger,” “Other Men’s Shoes,” etc.
- I. the professor joins
- II. severn understands
- III. the city of the whirling sands
- IV. the hunting of the rats
- V. “ung-khan, that is to say, prester john”
- VI. the abode of esrun
- VII. “neither a foreigner, nor a cantonist”
- VIII. “steel body needs iron food”
- IX. the captives
- X. “so to front death, as men might judge us past it.”
- XI. “no matter where you hide the egg, the chicken will hatch”
- XII. “mencius said 'that was one time; this is another.'”
- XIII. “this paper currency is circulated in every part of the grand khan's dominions.”
- XIV. “there is heaven so high, and the stars so distant.”
- XV. “a hunted tiger will leap the wall.”
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of this work died in 1949, so this work is in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 73 years or less. This work may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse