1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Brunsbüttel
BRUNSBÜTTEL, a seaport town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Schleswig-Holstein, on the N. bank of the Elbe, 6o m. N.W. from Hamburg. Pop. (1905) 2 500. Brunsbuttel is the west terminus of the Kaiser Wilhelm Canal, which is closed there by double locks. Here also are an inner harbour, 1640 ft. long and 656 ft. wide, a coaling station, and a small harbour for the tugs and other vessels belonging to the canal company.