|Anna Christie (1922)
A Play in Four Acts. Eugene O'Neill won the Pulitzer Prize for this 1922 drama.
- TWO LONGSHOREMEN
- A POSTMAN
- LARRY, bartender
- CHRIS. CHRISTOPHERSON, captain of the barge "Simeon Winthrop"
- MARTHY OWEN
- ANNA CHRISTOPHERSON, Chris's daughter
- THREE MEN OF A STEAMER'S CREW
- MAT BURKE, a stoker
- JOHNSON, deckhand on the barge
- ACT I: "Johnny-the-Priest's" saloon near the waterfront. New York City.
- ACT II: The barge, Simeon Winthrop, at anchor in the harbor of Provincetown, Mass. Ten days later.
- ACT III: Cabin of the barge, at dock in Boston. A week later.
- ACT IV: The same. Two days later.
Time of the Play--About 1910.