|April Showers (1921)
|Al Jolson in the 1921 musical Bombo.Popular song introduced by|
- Life is not a highway strewn with flowers,
- Still it holds a goodly share of bliss;
- When the sun gives way to April showers,
- Here's the point that you should never miss.
- Though April showers may come your way,
- They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
- So if it's raining, have no regrets,
- Because it isn't raining rain you know, it's raining violets.
- And where you see clouds upon the hills,
- You soon will see the crowds of daffodils;
- So keep on looking for a blue bird and list'ning for his song,
- Whenever April showers come along.
- I have learned to smile when skies are gloomy,
- Smile although my heart's about to break;
- When I know that trouble's coming to me,
- Here's the happy attitude I take.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1954, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 50 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.