Author:Adolphus Washington Greely
|←Author Index: Gr||Adolphus Washington Greely
|American polar explorer, a United States Army officer and a recipient of the Medal of Honor.|
- Three Years of Arctic Service (1886)
- American Weather: A Popular Exposition of the Phenomena of the Weather (1888)
- Handbook of Arctic Discoveries (1896)
- Report on the Climate of Colorado and Utah (1891)
- Explorers and Travellers (1904) (scan index)
- True Tales of Arctic Heroism in the New World (1912)
- Handbook of Alaska (rev. ed. 1925)
- Reminiscences of Adventure and Service (1927)
- The Polar Regions in the Twentieth Century (1928)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Scientific Results of the Norwegian Polar Expedition, 1893-1896", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 57, August 1900
Works about Greely
- England's Present to America; The Steam-Ship Alert for the Greely Search Expedition in the The New York Times, April 23, 1884, p. 8
- Ellsberg, Edward: Hell on Ice, New York, 1936.
- Theodore Powell: The Long Rescue, W.H. Allen, London, 1961.
- Alden Todd, Abandoned: The Story of the Greely Arctic Expedition 1881-1884 (2001)
- Stephen K. Stein, "The Greely Relief Expedition and the New Navy" (International Journal of Naval History, December 2006).
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1935, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.