Author:Arthur Maurice Hocart
|←Author Index: Ho||Arthur Maurice Hocart
- “The cult of the dead in Eddystone of the Solomons”, Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, volume 52; pp. 71–117, 259–305. (1922)
- “Myths in the Making”, Folk-Lore, volume 33 (1922), pp. 57–71.
- “The Origin of Monotheism”, Folk-Lore, volume 33 (1922), pp. 282–293.
- Memoirs of the Archaeological Survey of Ceylon (1924-36) editor with S. Paranavitana
- Kingship (1927)
- The Progress of Man: A Short Survey of His Evolution, His Customs, and His Works (1933)
- Kings and Councillors: An Essay in the Comparative Anatomy of Human Society (1936)
- Caste (1950)
- The Northern states of Fiji (1952)
- Social Origins (1954)
- Le Mythe Sorcier et autres essais (1962)
- The Life-giving Myth and Other Essays (1973)
- Imagination and Proof: Selected Essays of A. M. Hocart (1987) editor Rodney Needham
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1939, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.