Author:Athenagoras of Athens
|←Author Index: At||Athenagoras of Athens
|a Christian apologist who lived during the second half of the 2nd century of whom little is known for certain, besides that he was active in Athens, a philosopher, and a convert to Christianity. There is some evidence that he was a Platonist before his conversion, but this is not certain.|
- A Plea for Christians, also called "Embassy for the Christians" or simply "Athenagoras' Apology", translated here by Author:Benjamin P. Pratten in Ante-Nicene Fathers
- On the Resurrection of the Dead, also called "Treatise on the Resurrection", also translated here by Pratten.
Works about Athenagoras
- “Athenagoras” in A Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature, 1911
- “Athenagoras,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- Introductory Note to the Writings of Athenagoras by Author:Arthur Cleveland Coxe in Ante-Nicene Fathers
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.