Author:Augustus Samuel Wilkins
|←Author Index: Wi||August Samuel Wilkins
M.A., LL.D., Litt.D. Professor of Latin, Owens College, Manchester, 1869-1905. Author of Roman Literature; Roman Education; &c.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. S. W."
- “Greek Language” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1875–1889.
- “Latin Language” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- Principles of Greek Etymology (with Edwin B. England), a translation of Curtius's Grundzüge der Griechischen Etymologie
Works about Wilkins
- “Wilkins, Augustus Samuel,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- Wilkins, A. S. (1905). Roman Education. Cambridge U. Press.