Author:Charles Evans Hughes
|←Author Index: Hu||Charles Evans Hughes
|Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States (1910–1916, appointed by William Howard Taft); United States Secretary of State (1921–1925, appointed by Warren G. Harding); judge on the Court of International Justice (1928–1930); 11th Chief Justice of the United States (1930-1941, appointed by President Herbert Hoover, succeeding Taft, succeeded by Harlan F. Stone).36th Governor of New York (1907–1910);|
Supreme Court Opinions 
Opinions of the Court 
- Collins v. Kentucky 234 U.S. 634 (1914)
- Near v. Minnesota 283 U.S. 697 (1931)
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Imperial Coal Sales Co., 293 U.S. 15 (1934)
- Detroit Trust Co. v. The Thomas Barlum, 293 U.S. 21 (1934)
- Lynch v. People of New York ex rel. Pierson, 293 U.S. 52 (1934)
- Borden's Farm Products Co. v. Baldwin, 293 U.S. 194 (1934)
- Helvering v. Powers, 293 U.S. 214 (1934)
- Schumacher v. Beeler, 293 U.S. 367 (1934)
- Enelow v. New York Life Ins. Co., 293 U.S. 379 (1935)
- Adamos v. New York Life Ins. Co., 293 U.S. 386 (1935)
- Panama Refining Co. v. Ryan, 293 U.S. 388 (1935)
Concurring Opinions 
Opinions concurring in part and dissenting in part 
Dissenting Opinions 
- “Hughes, Charles Evans,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Hughes, Charles Evans” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Hughes, Charles Evans,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
- “Hughes, Charles Evans,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they are works of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1948, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.