Author:Chester Alan Arthur
(Redirected from Author:Chester A. Arthur)
|←Author Index: Ar||Chester Alan Arthur
|James Garfield; succeeded by Grover Cleveland. 20th Vice President (1881), with Garfield, succeeding William A. Wheeler; succeeded by Thomas A. Hendricks. New York militia Brigadier General (Civil War).21st President of the United States (1881 – 1885), succeeding|
State of the Union Addresses
- First State of the Union address, (1881)
- Second State of the Union address, (1882)
- Third State of the Union address, (1883)
- Fourth State of the Union address, (1884)
Works about Chester A. Arthur
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- William E. Chandler, “Arthur, Chester Alan,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- William E. Chandler, “Chester A. Arthur” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Arthur, Chester Alan,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|