Author:Constantine Samuel Rafinesque
|←Author Index: Ra||Constantine Samuel Rafinesque
|French naturalist and philologist.|
- Specchio delle scienze, o, Giornale enciclopedico di Sicilia (1814)
- Principes fondamentaux de somiologie (1814)
- American manual of the grape vines and the art of making wine: including An account of 62 species of vines, with nearly 300 varieties. An account of the principal wines, American and foreign. Properties and uses of wines and grapes. Cultivation of vines in America; and the art to make good wines. With 8 figures (1830)
- The world, or, Instability. A poem. In twenty parts, with notes and illustrations (1836)
- New flora and botany of North America: being a supplemental flora (1836)
- Sylva Telluriana. Mantis synopt. New genera and species of trees and shrubs of North America, and other regions of the earth, omitted or mistaken by the botanical authors and compilers, or not properly classified, now reduced by their natural affinities to the proper natural orders and tribes (1838)
- The Ancient Monuments of North and South America (1838)
- Alsographia americana: or An American grove of new or revised trees and shrubs of the genera myrica, calycanthys, salix, quercus, fraxinus, populus, tilia, sambucus, viburnum, cornus, juglans, aesculus &c, with some new genera, monographs, and many new sp. in 330 articles, completing 1405 g. and sp. as a continuation of th Syla telluriana and North American trees and shrubs (1838)
Articles in The American Journal of Science
- "Journal of the Progress of Vegetation", in The American Journal of Science Series 1, Volume 1, (1818), No. 16, pp. 77-82.
Works about Rafinesque
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.