|←Author Index: Hu||David Hume
|Scottish philosopher, economist, and historian|
- A kind of history of my life (1734)
- Treatise of Human Nature (1739)
- Essays, Moral and Political (1741-42)
- Of the delicacy of taste and passion (1742)
- An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding (1748)
- An Enquiry Concerning the Principles of Morals (1751)
- Political Discourses (1752)
- The History of England (1754-62)
- The Natural History of Religion (1757)
- Of the Standard of Taste (1757)
- Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion (1779)
- My Own Life
- Of Polygamy and Divorces
Works about Hume
- “Hume, David” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Hume, David” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Hume, David (1711-1776),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|