Author:Douglas Brooke Wheelton Sladen
|←Author Index: Sl||Douglas Brooke Wheelton Sladen
|adbAustralian poet and biographer.|
Sladen studied at Cheltenham College and at Trinity College, Oxford, B.A. with first-class honours in modern history. In 1879 he emigrated to Melbourne, where he graduated B.A. and LL.B. at the local university. In 1882 he was appointed to the chair of history in the university of Sydney. This he resigned in 1884, and returned to England.
- The Secrets of the Vatican, 1907
- How to See the Vatican, 1914
- Carthage and Tunis
- The Japs at Home, 1892
- Frithjof and Ingebjorg (1882)
- Poetry of Exiles (1883)
- In Cornwall and Across the Sea (1885)
- Edward the Black Prince (1886), an epic drama
- The Spanish Armada (1888)
- A Japanese Marriage (1895)
- In Sicily, 1896-1898-1900 (1901)
- A Sicilian Marriage (1905)
- Egypt and the English (1908)
- The Unholy Estate (1912)
- Queer Things about Japan (1913)
- Twenty Years of my Life (1913)
- The Real "Truth about Germany" (1914)
- His German Wife (1915)
- Fair Inez: A Romance of Australia (1918)
- Paul's Wife or "The Ostriches" (1919)
- My Long Life (1939)
Articles about Sladen
- “Sladen, Douglas Brooke Wheelton,” in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, London: Hutchinson & Co., (1892).
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1947, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.