Author:Frances Theodora Parsons
|←Author Index: Pa||Frances Theodora Parsons
|American botanist and author of popular nature books. Before marrying her second husband James Russell Parsons in 1896, she published under the name Mrs. William Starr Dana.|
- How to Know the Wild Flowers (1893). New York: Charles Scribner's Son's. Illustrations by Marion Satterlee.
- Plants and their Children (1896)
- How to Know the Ferns (1899). Author listed as Frances Theodora Parsons. Illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Alice Josephine Smith. The first printing by Toronto: The Publisher's Syndicate Limited; at least seven more printings, 1899-1925 by New York: Charles Scribner's Son's; at least two printings by New York: Dover Books; and one printing, 2005, by Kessinger Publishing.
- According To Season (1902)
- Perchance Some Day (1951) autobiography, privately printed.
Works about Parsons
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1952, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.