|←Author Index: Ba||Franz Andreas Bauer
|Ferdinand; sometimes referred to as Francis Andreas BauerAustrian microscopist and botanical artist; one of the most highly regarded botanical illustrators in history; brother of|
Works illustrated by Bauer
Bauer's illustrations appeared in the following works:
- Aiton, William (1796–1803), Delineations of Exotick Plants cultivated in the Royal Garden at Kew.
- Lindley, John (1830–1838), The Genera and Species of Orchidaceous Plants.
- Hooker, William Jackson (1842), Genera filicum.
Works about Bauer
- Redgrave, Samuel (1878), "Bauer, Francis" in A Dictionary of Artists of the English School: 32.
- Stearn, W. T. (1960), "Franz and Ferdinand Bauer, masters of botanical illustration" in Endeavour 19(73).
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.