Author:Friedrich Adolf Trendelenburg
|←Author Index: Tr||Friedrich Adolf Trendelenburg
German philosopher and philologist.
- Platonis de ideis et numeris doctrina ex Aristotele illustrate; doctoral dissertation (1826)
- Aristotle's De anima (1833; 2nd ed. by C. Belger, 1877)
- Elementa Logices Aristotelicae (1836; 9th ed., 1892; Eng. trans., 1881), a selection of passages from the Organon with Latin translation and notes, containing the substance of Aristotle's logical doctrine, supplemented by Erlauterungen zu den Elementen der Aristotelischen Logik (1842; 3rd ed. 1876)
- Logische Untersuchungen (1840; 3rd ed. 1870), and Die logische Frage in Hegels System (1843), important factors in the reaction against Hegel
- Historische Beitrage zur Philosophie (1846–1867), in three volumes, the first of which (Geschichte der Kategorienlehre, reprint: Hildesheim, Olms, 1979) contains a history of the doctrine of the Categories
- Des Naturrecht aufdem Grunde der Ethik (1860)
- Kuno Fischer und sein Kant (1869)
- Lücken im Völkerrecht (1870), a treatise on the defects of international law, occasioned by the war of 1870.
- Kleine Schriften (1871), papers dealing with non-philosophical, chiefly national and educational subjects
Works about Trendelenburg
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.