|←Author Index: Gr||Sir George Grove
Macmillan's Magazine from 1868 to 1883; first Director of the Royal College of Music (1882-1894).
Engineer and later English author specialized in music, authority on Beethoven, Schubert and Mendelssohn. Secretary of the Sociey of Arts; first Secretary of the Crystal Palace Company; editor of |
This author wrote articles for A Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DMM by the initials "G."
- Beethoven and his nine symphonies (1903)
- Geography (1889)
- Life of Mozart (1882)
- A Dictionary of Music and Musicians in 4 vols. (1878 to 1900)
- Macmillan's Magazine ( from 1868 to 1883)
- Beethoven's Ninth Symphony (transcription project)
Works about Grove
- “Death of Sir George Grove” in The Times (1900)
- “Funeral of Sir George Grove” in The Times (1900)
- “Grove, George,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.