Author:George John Douglas Campbell
|←Author Index: Ca||George John Douglas Campbell
|Prominent United Kingdom Liberal politician as well as a writer on science, religion, and the politics of the 19th century; held the offices of Lord Privy Seal, Postmaster-General, and Indian Secretary|
- The Reign of Law (1866)
- Primeval Man (1869)
- The Eastern Question (1879)
- The Unity of Nature (1884)
- Scotland As It Was and As It Is (1887)
- The Unseen Foundations of Society (1893)
- Philosophy of Belief (1896)
- Organic Evolution Cross-examined (1898)
- Autobiography and Memoirs (1906)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "A Great Lesson", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 32, December 1887
- "A Great Confession", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 33, May 1888
- "Professor Huxley on the War-Path I", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 38, April 1891
- "Professor Huxley on the War-Path II", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 39, May 1891
Works about Campbell
- “Argyll, George John Douglas Campbell, 8th Duke of,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Argyle, George Douglas Campbell,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Campbell, George Douglas,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.