Author:Herbert Jennings Rose
|←Author Index: Ro||Herbert Jennings Rose
|Professor Latin at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth (1919–1927); Professor of Greek at the University of St Andrews. Made a fellow of the British Academy from 1934.|
- A Handbook of Greek Mythology, (1928)
- Modern Methods in Classical Mythology, (St. Andrews) 1930;
- A Handbook of Greek Literature from Homer to Lucian, 1934;
- Hygini Fabulae, 1934;
- A Handbook of Latin Literature, (1954)
- Primitive Culture in Greece, (London, 1925)
- Primitive Culture in Italy, (London, 1926; reprint 1971)
- A Handbook of Greek Mythology, (1929; sixth reprint 1958)
- Ancient Greek Religion, (London, 1948)
- Ancient Roman Religion, (London, 1949)
- Gods and Heroes of the Greeks, (London, 1957; many reprints)
- A Commentary on the surviving plays of Aeschylus, 1957-8
- Outline of Classical Literature for Students of English, (1959)
- “Mother-Right in Ancient Italy” in volume 31 (1920) pp. 93–108.
- “Folklore Scraps” in volume 31 (1920) pp. 319–320.
- “Asinus in Tegulis”, in volume 33, (1922), pp. 34–56
- “Asinus in Tegulis”, in volume 33, (1922), pp. 200–201.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1961, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 50 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.