|←Author Index: Gr||Hugo Grotius
|Dutch jurist and Christian apologist, described as the "Father of International Law"|
- On the Law of War and Peace (“De jure belli ac pacis,” 1625)
- On the Truth of the Christian religion (“De veritate religionis Christianae,” 1627)
- Dissertation on the Origin of the Native Races of America (“De origine gentium Americanarum dissertatio,” 1642)
- Commentary on the Law of Prize and Booty
- Apologeticus: Defense of the actions which led to his arrest
- Commentaries on the Old Testament
- Commentaries on the New Testament
Works about Grotius
- Charles Butler, The Life of Hugo Grotius (1826) Project Gutenberg
- “Grotius, Hugo” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Grotius, Hugo,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- Sakuyei Takahashi, The Influence of Grotius in the Far East (1908)
- “Grotius, Hugo” by Mark Pattison in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.