Author:James Anthony Froude
|←Author Index: Fr||James Anthony Froude
|British historian and essayist|
- History of England from the Fall of Wolsey to the Death of Elizabeth, in 12 volumes 1856–1870
- Revised as History of England from the Fall of Wolsey to the Defeat of the Spanish Armada, in 12 volumes 1893
- The English in Ireland in the Eighteenth Century, in 3 volumes 1872–74
- The Divorce of Catherine of Aragon, a supplementary volume to the History of England, 1891
- English Sea-Men in the Sixteenth Century, 1895
- Caesar: A Sketch, 1879 (Biography of Julius Caesar)
- Bunyan, 1880 (Biography of John Bunyan)
- Thomas Carlyle, in four volumes, 1882–84
- Luther: A Short Biography, 1883
- Lord Beaconsfield, 1890 (Biography of Benjamin Disraeli)
- Life and Letters of Erasmus, 1895
- My Relations with Carlyle, written 1887, published 1903
- Short Studies on Great Subjects', 1867–82
- Oceana, or, England and Her Colonies, 1886
- The English in the West Indies, or The Bow of Ulysses, 1888
- The Science of History, in Prose Masterpieces from Modern Essayists, 1891
Works about Froude
- “Froude, James Anthony,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "J. A. Froude" in Cartoon portraits and biographical sketches of men of the day, by anonymous, illustrated by Frederick Waddy, London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- The Life of Froude by Herbert Woodfield Paul, 1905
- “Froude, James Anthony,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "James Anthony Froude" in Studies of a Biographer, vol. 3 (1898) by Leslie Stephen
Reviews of work
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.