Author:John Charles Frémont
|←Author Index: Fr||John Charles Frémont
|American military officer, explorer, and the first candidate of the anti-slavery Republican Party for the office of President of the United States.|
- The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the Year 1842, and to Oregon and North California in the years 1843–'44. Washington: Gales and Seaton. 1845.
- The The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains, Oregon and California, to Which is Added A Description of the Physical Geography of California. With Recent Notices of the Gold Region from the Latest and Most Authentic Sources. Buffalo: Derby Orton & Mulligan. 1853.
- The Life of Col. John Charles Fremont and His Narrative of Explorations and Adventures in Kansas, Nebraska, Oregon and California. New York and Auburn: Miller, Orton & Mulligan. 1856.
Works about John Charles Frémont
- “To John C. Fremont,” a poem from In War Time by John Greenleaf Whittier
- "Obituary: John Charles Frémont", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 37, September 1890
- “Frémont, John Charles,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Frémont, John Charles,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1906.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.