|←Author Index: He||John Frederick William Herschel
|William Herschel.An English mathematician, astronomer, chemist, and experimental photographer/inventor. Son of|
- On the Aberration of Compound Lenses and Object-Glasses (1821)
- On the Study of Natural Philosophy (1831)
- Outlines of Astronomy (1849)
- General Catalogue of 10,300 Multiple and Double Stars (published posthumously)
- Familiar Lectures on Scientific Subjects
- General Catalogue of Nebulae and Clusters
- Manual of Scientific Inquiry (ed.), (1849)
- Familiar Lectures on Scientific Subjects (1867)
- Auszug aus einem Briefe des Herrn J. F. W. Herschel an den Herausgeber in Astronomische Nachrichten, Volume 48
- Obituary of Francis Baily, Royal Astronomical Society (PDF)
Works about Herschel
- “Herschel, Sir John Frederick William,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.