(Redirected from Author:John Small (librarian))
|←Author Index: Sm||John Small
|Scottish librarian and editor.|
- Some Account of the Original Protest of the Bohemian Nobles, 4to, Edinburgh, 1861.
- English Metrical Homilies, 4to, Edinburgh, 1862
- Historical Sketch of the Library of the Royal College of Physicians, 4to, Edinburgh, 1863.
- Biographical Sketch of Dr. Adam Fergusson, 4to, Edinburgh, 1864.
- Biographical Sketch of Patrick Fraser Tytler, 8vo, Edinburgh, 1864.
- Sir David Lyndesay's Monarchie, for the Early English Text Society, 1865–6
- The Poetical Works of Gavin Douglas, 4 vols. 8vo, Edinburgh, 1874;
- A Hundred Wonders of the World in Nature and Art, 8vo, Edinburgh, 1876.
- On Serfdom in Scotland, 4to, Edinburgh, 1878.
- The Castles and Mansions of the Lothians, 2 vols. Edinburgh, 4to, 1878.
- Queen Mary at Jedburgh in 1566 4to, Edinburgh, 1881.
- The Poems of William Dunbar, for the Scottish Text Society, 1884–1892
- History of Edinburgh University, 1184, with Alexander Grant
- Journal of Andrew Halyburton, published in 1867
- The Indian Primer, by John Eliot, 12mo, Edinburgh, 1878;
- The Image of Ireland, by John Derricke, 4to, Edinburgh, 1883;
- A Description of the Isles of Orkney, by James Wallace, Edinburgh, 1883.
- Remains of Early Scottish Poetry, 1885
Works about Small
- “Small, John (1828-1886),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.