(Redirected from Author:John Small (librarian))
|←Author Index: Sm||John Small
|Scottish librarian and editor.|
- Some Account of the Original Protest of the Bohemian Nobles, 4to, Edinburgh, 1861.
- English Metrical Homilies, 4to, Edinburgh, 1862
- Historical Sketch of the Library of the Royal College of Physicians, 4to, Edinburgh, 1863.
- Biographical Sketch of Dr. Adam Fergusson, 4to, Edinburgh, 1864.
- Biographical Sketch of Patrick Fraser Tytler, 8vo, Edinburgh, 1864.
- Sir David Lyndesay's Monarchie, for the Early English Text Society, 1865–6
- The Poetical Works of Gavin Douglas, 4 vols. 8vo, Edinburgh, 1874;
- A Hundred Wonders of the World in Nature and Art, 8vo, Edinburgh, 1876.
- On Serfdom in Scotland, 4to, Edinburgh, 1878.
- The Castles and Mansions of the Lothians, 2 vols. Edinburgh, 4to, 1878.
- Queen Mary at Jedburgh in 1566 4to, Edinburgh, 1881.
- The Poems of William Dunbar, for the Scottish Text Society, 1884–1892
- History of Edinburgh University, 1184, with Alexander Grant
- Journal of Andrew Halyburton, published in 1867
- The Indian Primer, by John Eliot, 12mo, Edinburgh, 1878;
- The Image of Ireland, by John Derricke, 4to, Edinburgh, 1883;
- A Description of the Isles of Orkney, by James Wallace, Edinburgh, 1883.
- Remains of Early Scottish Poetry, 1885
Works about Small 
- “Small, John (1828-1886),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|