|←Author Index: Wa||John Wade
|English historian and writer|
- The Black Book, or Corruption Unmasked! Being an Account of Persons, Places, and Sinecures 1820–3, 2 vols.
- The Cabinet Lawyer: a Popular Digest of the Laws of England 1826
- Digest of Facts and Principles on Banking 1826
- An Account of Public Charities in England and Wales 1828
- Annual Abstract of New Acts and Law Cases 1828
- A Treatise on the Police and the Crimes of the Metropolis 1829
- History of the Middle and Working Classes. Also an Appendix of Prices 1833; 3rd edit. 1835
- British History, chronologically arranged 1839; supplement 1841; 3rd edit. 1844; 5th edit. 1847
- Glances at the Times and Reform Government 1840; five editions
- Unreformed Abuses in Church and State 1849
- England's Greatness, its Rise and Progress from the earliest period to the Peace of Paris 1856
- Women, Past and Present, exhibiting their Social Vicissitudes, Single and Matrimonial Relations, Rights, Privileges, and Wrongs 1859
- The Cabinet Gazetteer: a Popular Exposition of the Countries of the World 1853.
Works about Wade
- “Wade, John,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.