|←Author Index: Li||Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister
OM, FRS; English surgeon who promoted the idea of sterile surgery.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. L."
- On the Antiseptic Principle of the Practice of Surgery The Lancet (1867)
- "On the Early Stages of Inflammation", Philosophical Transactions
- "On the Minute Structure of Involuntary Muscular Fibre" Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- "On the Muscular Tissue of the Skin" Microscopical Journal
- “Lister, Joseph Jackson,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Lister
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|