Author:Karl Wilson Gehrkens
|←Author Index: Ge||Karl Wilson Gehrkens
|American musical scholar.|
- Music Notation and Terminology, 1914 (1921)
- Essentials in Conducting (Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1919) OCLC 912608all editions
- An Introduction to School Music Teaching (Boston: C. C. Birchard & Co., 1919)
- Fundamentals of Music (Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1924)
- Handbook of Musical Terms (Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1927)
- Twenty Lessons in Conducting (Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1930)
- Universal School Music Series (New York: Hinds, Hayden & Eldredge, 1923-36), a series of song book and teachers' manuals for use in grade and high schools prepared with Walter Damrosch and George Gartlan
- Music in the Grade Schools (Boston: C. C. Birchard, 1934)
- Music in the Junior High School (Boston: C. C. Birchard, 1936)
- editor of School Music (1925-34)
- Department Editor for The Etude
- Editorial writer for Educational Music Magazine
- contributed frequently to other music periodicals
- Music Editor for the second edition of Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language (Springfield, Mass: G. & C. Merriam, 1930).
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1975, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 30 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.