Author:Lyon Gardiner Tyler
|←Author Index: Ty||Lyon Gardiner Tyler
|Tyler pictured in The Colonial Echo 1905, William and Mary yearbook|
Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Sr. (August 24, 1853 – February 12, 1935) was a U.S. educator and historian. He was also the son of President John Tyler; President of William and Mary College, Williamsburg (1888-1919); Vice-President of the Virginia Historical Society, Member of the Maryland Historical Society, and various other societies.
- Encyclopedia of Virginia Biography (5 volumes) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 under the Editorial Supervision of Lyon Gardiner Tyler, LL. D.
- "Parties and Patmnage' in the United States"
- "The Cradle of the Republic,"
- "Williamsburg, the Old Colonial Capital,"
- England in America, 1580-1652 on Project Gutenberg.[]
- "The Letters and Times of the Tylers," etc.;