Author:Morrison Remick Waite
(Redirected from Author:Morrison Waite)
|←Author Index: Wa||Morrison Remick Waite
|Chief Justice of the United States (1874-1888), appointed by President Ulysses S. Grant. His predecessor was Salmon P. Chase. He was succeeded by Melville Fuller.7th|
Supreme Court Opinions
Opinions of the Court
- Tappan Collector v. Merchants' National Bank, 86 U.S. 490
- Osborne v. United States, 86 U.S. 577
- United States v. Cook, 86 U.S. 591
- Warren v. Van Brunt, 86 U.S. 646
- Board of Commissioners v. Gorman, 86 U.S. 661
Incomplete listing of opinions available on Wikisource
Concurring in part and dissenting in part
- “Waite, Morrison Remich” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Waite, Henry Matson,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Waite, Morrison Remich,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Waite, Morrison Remich,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|