|←Author Index: Al||Rutherford Alcock
|first British diplomatic representative to live in Japan|
- Notes on the Medical History and Statistics of the British Legion in Spain London, 1838, 8vo.
- Life's Problems 2nd edit. London, 1861 , 8vo.
- Elements of Japanese Grammar Shanghai, 1861, 4to.
- The Capital of the Tycoon London, 1863, 2 vols. 8vo.
- Familiar Dialogues in Japanese, with English and French Translations London, 1863, 8vo.
- Art and Art Industries in Japan London, 1878, 8vo.
Works about Alcock
- “Alcock, Rutherford,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Alcock, Sir Rutherford” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Alcock, Rutherford” in Men of the Time, eleventh edition, London: George Routledge and Sons, (1884).
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.