|←Author Index: Sm||Samuel Smiles
|Scottish author and reformer|
Self help topics
- The Life of George Stephenson (1857)
- Brief biographies (1860)
- Lives of the Engineers (1862)
- Industrial Biography (1863)
- Lives of Boulton and Watt (1865)
- The Huguenots: their settlements, churches and industries in England and Ireland (1867)
- Life of a Scotch Naturalist: Thomas Edward (1875)
- George Moore, Merchant and Philanthropist (1878)
- Robert Dick, Baker of Thurso, Geologist and Botanist (1878)
- Men of Invention and Industry (1884)
- James Nasmyth, engineer, an autobiography (1885)
- A Publisher and his Friends. Memoir and Correspondence of the Late John Murray (1891)
- Jasmin. Barber, Poet, Philanthropist (1891)
- Josiah Wedgwood, his Personal History (1894)
- The Autobiography of Samuel Smiles, LLD (1905)
Works about Smiles
- “Smiles, Samuel” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Smiles, Samuel,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.