Author:St. George Jackson Mivart
|←Author Index: Mi||St. George Jackson Mivart
English zoologist, M.D., F.R.S.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "St G. M."
- On the Genesis of Species
- “Rattlesnake” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- The Groundwork of Science. A Study of Epistemology (1898)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Natural History of the Kangaroo", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 8, February 1876
- "What are Bats?", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 9, September 1876
- "Evolution in Professor Huxley", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 44, January 1894
Works About Mivart
- “Mivart, St. George Jackson,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Mivart, St George Jackson” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “St. George Jackson Mivart,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
On his works
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.